The National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia (NAS RA) is scientific organization that unites technicals, naturalists and humanitarians elected as its full Members (Academicians) and Corresponding Members.
The mission of the National Academy of Sciences is to serve the cause of the development of science, education and culture as an important condition of the economic and spiritual life of Armenia.
The National Academy of Sciences is realizing scientific, internal and external economic activity. The National Academy of Sciences includes sections, branches, centers, associations and institutes established by it.
The National Academy of Sciences has its own publishing activities. There are discussed hypotheses in various fields of science, actual problems of education, culture and intellectual heritage.
Many members of the National Academy of Sciences are authors of fundamental scientific works in most various spheres of knowledge. A great number of the scientists, members of the Academy publish the results of their scientific discoveries and achievements.
These works is a valuable possession and make up the foundation of the library of the works of the embers of the National Academy of Sciences.
Publishing Activities NAS RA publishes a weekly - "Gitutyun" , issues 13 scientific log-books:
- Reports of NAS RA - Editor-in-Chief academician V.S. Zakaryan
- Newsletter of NAS RA - Earth Sciences - Editor-in-Chief academician Ruben Djrbashyan
- Newsletter of NAS RA - Mathematics - Editor-in-Chief academician Ruben Ambartsumian (Translated into English)
- Newsletter of NAS RA: Mechanics - Editor-in-Chief Dr.Vardges Gnuni (Translated into English)
- Newsletter of NAS RA - Technical Sciences - Editor-in-Chief academician Radik Martirosyan
- Newsletter of NAS RA - Physics - Editor-in-Chief academicianVladimir Harutyunyan (Translated into English).
- Astrophysics - Editor-in-Chief academician David Sedrakyan(Translated into English)
- Humanitarian Sciences Bulletin - Editor-in-Chief Dr. Albert Kharatian
- Medical Journal of Armenia - Editor-in-Chief academician Viulen Harobian
- Biological Journal of Armenia - Editor-in-Chief academician Evrik Afrikian
- Chemical Journal of Armenia - Editor-in-Chief academician Adolf Mantashian
- Neurochemistry1 - Editor-in-Chief academician Armen Galoyan (Translated into English)
- Historical and Philological Journal - Editor-in-Chief Dr. Vardkes Mikayelyan
Founded in 1944. Published quarterly.